2 Row British Lager Malt, Options

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yum beer

Not in the house, you've got a shed..
Reaction score
Looking at a recipe from Clone Brews and it calls for 2 row British lager malt, is this known as something else or what can I use instead, what is a similar grain.

I'd look at subbing it with another pilsner malt, like wey pils, or ding pils, or the local stuff.

Looking at a recipe from Clone Brews and it calls for 2 row British lager malt, is this known as something else or what can I use instead, what is a similar grain.

Muntons Pilsner Malt. Kev @ Kirrawee home brew stocks it, so does ESB, actually most of the "better" HBS's have it on the shelf.

enjoy

Jimbo

@jim Levet: You talking grain malt or extract Jim?

@yum beer: If, as I believe, the post is about grain (being posted in the all grain section) so, as suggested, knowing what you want to make would help. Something like simpson's golden promise might be the go but your intended target beer will help.

@jim Levet: You talking grain malt or extract Jim?

@yum beer: If, as I believe, the post is about grain (being posted in the all grain section) so, as suggested, knowing what you want to make would help. Something like simpson's golden promise might be the go but your intended target beer will help.

yeah mate, Muntons grain. Muntons are a huge malting co. in the UK, until now we have only seen their extracts, but now the grains are available here, including a British Pilsner malt. I have tried the flagon malt which is a Maris Otter blend. Nice crush, good lauter, awesome clarity. Have a look around, never know what you might find!
Catch ya
Jimbo

Sorry guys, but not for a single recipe.

Looking through Clone Brews and several recipes call for 2 row british lager.....further searching on my part has revealed that it is basically pilsener malt,

so type, wey, din, jw, bb will probably vary dependant on origin of each specific beer.

Manticle, I was thinking of the golden promise myself for the british beers, have used it as an addition in kits and really like what it added,
now going completely all-grain.
Keen to have a crack at a couple of the recipes in the book.

Back