2 Kegs Ready

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunza60

Reaction score
Hey Guys, ive recently moved to kegs from bottles and have 2 kegs chilling in the fridge. Seeing as i havent done 2 kegs at the same time before, what would be the go now? Do i concentrate on 1 keg first or can i gas them both and leave them? Any thoughts appreciated. I am in no great rush as i still have bottles to drink.

No need to do one at a time. If you have splitters or a manifold just gas them both.

Are they different beers or both the same?
If different, split the gas lines and tap both so you have choice.
If both the same, one after the other.

I carbonated and run all 4 of mine at the same time.
However, unless you have back-flow protection on the gas line (either via your splitters or manifold) having the two kegs at different pressures (one carbonated/serving and one uncarbonated/newly filled) can have issues (beer flowing out the gas-in line of the higher pressure keg etc).

i havent got splitters yet...am i able to carbonate one and leave the other for a while to age?..and if i do should i carbonate the one im going to leave or can i leave it in the keg uncarbonated. Will it go off if i dont carb?

i havent got splitters yet...am i able to carbonate one and leave the other for a while to age?..and if i do should i carbonate the one im going to leave or can i leave it in the keg uncarbonated. Will it go off if i dont carb?

You can just prime the keg with gas to get rid of the air, or carb it up. If you just let it sit vent before you tap.

thanks to all of you guys..i think between all the responses i have a plan..cheers!

Back