2 Kegs Off 1 Gas Bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
TITLE IS SUPPOSED TO BE: 2 Kegs Off 1 Gas Bottle

As I will be receiving a keg order from brewers discount very soon I thought it would be time to start planning for the upgrade to my keg setup.

I have the fridge now so and am currently just running the 1 keg with 1 gas bottle.

I now want to be able to dispence 2 kegs off the 1 gas bottle. What parts would I be looking at?

I already have the dissconnects.

Cheers

Just get a T-piece. I just use cheap brass ones, cost only a dollar or two. I have 4 disconnects setup this way.

When i re-do my setup, i'll buy a manifold to make it neater, but with only 2 a T piece is the go.

No worries sounds easy enough.

How much line do you suggest for each keg and each tap?

2 metres between each fitting?

i.e. 2 metres from each keg to T piece then maybe 1 metre to the gas bottle?

It's not really important, whatever length suits your fridge setup. Too short is a pain, but so is too long, as the bloody hose can be a pain.

SluggerDOg.

Use 2m from gas bottle to "T" piece.
Then at least a meter from "T" piece to Gas disconect.
Ensure that u have enough length to connect the gas and liquid disconects with the keg on th eground in front of the fridge.

I find that it just makes things easier.

Ensure that u have enough length to connect the gas and liquid disconects with the keg on th eground in front of the fridge.

A good point. I found my original gas line was too short. You will be suprised how often you need to put the keg on the floor when cleaning, sanitising, testing for leaks etc etc.
I bought a SS T piece from Andale for about $3-$4.

Cheers

Thanks for the help guys, will get onto this as soon as my extra kegs come.. any day now ** fingers crossed **

Slugger,

I've got 5 kegs from one gas line. 1.5m to first T section & then just a short T connect to each keg, except for one which I left long for gassing etc. - in hindsight I should have kept all short & just put an extra connect to the regulator - then would'nt have to leave the fridge door open while filtering & kegging. Then I run approx 1m of line from kegs to taps.... works great

OK cool so how much line should I have from keg to tap?

2 meters?

ALSO what do i do if I want to gas a keg up? Do I disconnect one keg and leave the other one on?

Will gas escape via the un-hooked up disconnect?

Slugger,

Make sure your white connects (in) are disconnected from your other kegs, otherwise you'll over gas them all & you'll also have to release the top pressure out of them before you can attempt to pour. No, gas will not escape via an unhooked up disconnect...

Hi All,

I was just about to set up my full steup now and I was wondering about the line clamps.

Do I need to put these on every disconnect (beer & gas), the T-Piece, the taps and the regulator?

SD
I have used cobra clamps where ever a line meets a barb ie Reg, QD's,T pieces etc etc. I have also read in previous threads that some haven't done this.
To be sure, to be sure.
Would hate to come home and find a fridge full of CO2 and an empty bottle or worst still salad crisper full of beer and an empty keg.

Cheers

PS love this :party:

Back