2 Can El Cheapo Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehehehe
i'll have to tell everyone now that I home "ferment" :D

i thought that might ark up a debate.

this isn't actually my thoughts but something that was being talked about on craftbrewers.
if you go by the dictionary meaning of brewing this is true.

anyway i meant it in a light hearted fashion.
iam don't think iam any better for my brewing techniquies.
ALTHOUGH MY BEERS ARE.

Jayse, is craftbrewers still a yahoo group? I seem to have lost them in my list of groups.

Too late for me. Yahoo has my email address and is literally pumping it full of enlargement adds and debt reduction adds. Arggg!!

Just cracked one of these open. Bottled about 3 - 4 weeks ago. Seems to be pretty ok.
Actually i very happy with it. It pours a nice head and holds it a while. While I'm no tasting expert I cant taste any off flavours like vegemitey banana type stuff etc.
But like i say im no expert. I put on a Coops real ale one week after this. Did that with a brew booster. Had to taste that yesterday. This has much more body. the other is a bit thin compard to this. I have been worried coz the weather has been so hot that it may go a bit off or whatever. I store in a dark place but its got no temp control.
Reckon I will do something like this again.
anyway thats my experience with this method so far

jhonno,

why r u so worried about the hot weather ? I love it ! faster ferment faster mature ?

as long as u keep the temp reasonible, say under 25' there should be no worrys.

in summer if i want a cheap quick beer I will put down a coopers and keg all within 7 days !

Its not my best ever beer but I don't complain on a hot day watching a storm come in and feeling a little tipsy and thinking about the fact that I made this beer !

I love the summer, fast process and big drinking on hot summer nights !!

Cheers

mick,
Coz i'm new to this i havent been sure about how things would turn out. With fermenting i can ususally keep the temp down even thogh its a struggle. But after I bottle i've got no where to store where it is constantly cool. I dont have a keg system so i'm at the mercy of the weather. My house gets stinking hot everywhere.
none of it has gone off so far so thats ok. thats what i'm talking about.
ive been in the shed when the outside temp is 35 or so and its over 40 in there.
I wasnt sure how the ber would react to temps like this. but so far so good. ;)

cheers

Latest posts

Back