1st Class Doesn't Mean "real" Beer!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seemax

Reaction score
Well I'm relaxing in the 1st class lounge at HK aiport... and they don't even have any decent beers available... all I want is a Sierra Nevada IPA... too much to ask?

Looks like I'm stuck with Asahi and Hein's..... hmmmm.... could be worse I suppose.

Well, they could have Fosters.......... :icon_vomit: :icon_vomit:

watcha talkin about fosters is the gear? wish they had it at more places...:unsure:

Well I'm relaxing in the 1st class lounge at HK aiport... and they don't even have any decent beers available... all I want is a Sierra Nevada IPA... too much to ask?

Looks like I'm stuck with Asahi and Hein's..... hmmmm.... could be worse I suppose.

Just goes to show that money doesnt necessarily mean class.

Ive been to a few functions with the well-heeled, and Crown lager is a fairly ubiquitous offering...

I think last time I was in the Qantas club lounge, despite it all looking very classy and most people there were wearing suits, there were two beers in the fridge, VB and Fosters...

I went to a flash do for the opening of a new local office. There was a politician and Charge' D'Affair (Pseudo Ambassador) giving speaches and live crosses all over the place, fantastic canapes, good wine but the only beer was shitting old Clown Rager. I was going to my local HBC meeting later that night so didn't want to drink wine. As I sipped on the Clown, I realised just how thin, mild and unhoppy it was and how the taste was just strong enough to dislike, and why I dodge it whenever I can. You would think if they where trying to impress they would serve James Squires, LCPA, Gage road, Matilda bay or any of the other commonly available decent beers.

You should have BYO'd

Why do any of you think that two-bobbers would be seen drinking beer in public?

T'is because beer is for plebs only. Classy people drink Queen Adelaide.

The arts Centre in Melbourne (pinnacle of culture and sophisication) also proudly boasts Crown Lager as one of its premium beers. I think they also have Stella and maybe Boags.

I'll bet the HK bar single malt selection (if they had one) consisted of Glenfiddich or Glenfiddich?

Back