1st Brew On My New System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
Well, I put the Mash Paddle brew down today on my new system.
View attachment 3387
Mashed in at 7.30 am finished at 11.00am. Achieved all of my efficiencies :p and had no disasters at all ;) . I am one happy little brewer. Pumping between vessels makes such a difference to time and cleanup. I think I will have a beer now :party:

Andrew

ok, thats just not fair!! did you build all that yourself? if so, where are the pictures with detailed instructions. looks fantastic! way to go.
joe

I agree, I am about to move house next week and I'm thinking rather than build my three tier stand again I will go for a single tier and get a march pump. I would be really interested in seeing a diagram off the pipe setup..
Thanks Bigfella

So is it the one pump running both transfers?

from HLT to Mash then mash to kettle?

OR do you need 2 pumps?

Looks good Andrew , and a GMK hop catcher too !

Did I mention Tidalpete now has all the equipment for an AG brew too , waiting Pete.........yawn.............scratch...........yawn........ :lol:

Batz

Ok, here is the same photos with captions :p
View attachment 3388
The GMK(tm) hop catcher is on my mash-out line to keep any goobers :blink: out of the boiler.
Only one pump required, thanks to looking at Batz's setup, which is top stuff.

And by the way Batz my mash paddle brew is all Powells :beer: , Ale malt, wheat malt and caramalt. The caramalt is very pale, 500g and it hardly changed the color at all.

Really, really pleased with the brewday :party: .

Cheers
Andrew

Also, good on tou tidalpete, king of the mash now mate. What is going to be your first all grainer. Hope I get to have a taste :party: .

Andrew

well done Andrew - really looks the biz :beer:

looking forward to catching up at the brew day...

AndrewQLD said:
View attachment 3387
Mashed in at 7.30 am finished at 11.00am. Achieved all of my efficiencies :p and had no disasters at all ;) . I am one happy little brewer. Pumping between vessels makes such a difference to time and cleanup. I think I will have a beer now :party:

Andrew
[post="70427"][/post]​

Half your luck Andrew and good on you for getting up anf going. I have been following your quest for your new set-up and I like what I see. I could almost immitate that if I could see some more detailed work on you plumbing. For example, I see two gas tanks, but no burner and I just can't make out which is the Kettle, the HLT and or the MLT. I can see the possibilities of how it is connected via the pump. but the details are a bit scatchie. Would realy appreciate some more closer pictures even via a pm as I am seriously considering updating my system and I see a mirror immage coming up, as I have not got the height for a Brewtree.. Seems the way to go. I might just have to go up to Bundy and have a look....

:beer:
PeterS....

PeterShane, if you click on the second photo I have posted it should open a new window with a larger photo that has the pipe layout listed. I will PM you in a couple of days with photos of the burner layout.

Cheers
Andrew

Looks awesome!

How does the hop catcher work? or is that a GMK secret :D I did a search, but only this thread comes up...

Matt

AndrewQLD said:
View attachment 3387

Andrew
[post="70427"][/post]​

2 and half hours, well done. How did you do it??? The more details on your setup, the better.

Cheers,
Jase

Jase said:
2 and half hours, well done. How did you do it??? The more details on your setup, the better.

Cheers,
Jase
[post="70486"][/post]​

That'd be 3 1/2 hours Jase :p

Doc

AndrewQLD said:
PeterShane, if you click on the second photo I have posted it should open a new window with a larger photo that has the pipe layout listed. I will PM you in a couple of days with photos of the burner layout.

Cheers
Andrew
[post="70469"][/post]​

Sorry Andrew, It took me 5 to 10 minutes to scratch myself, have a beer and pack on the keyboard to reply to your first post. In the meantime, you posted the other and a number of followers posted a reply as well. I am getting slow in my old days, but I still would not be dead for quids...With that, I 'll have another....

PeterS....

Doc said:
Jase said:

Cheers,
Jase
[post="70486"][/post]​

That'd be 3 1/2 hours Jase :p

Doc
[post="70488"][/post]​

Doc,

Have you noticed that 2 and 3 are really close on a keyboard?? :D

Cheers,
Jase

Jase, 3 1/2 hours total. Heating the mash and sparge water in one hit helps, in other words I heat the full amount of water required for the brewday up to mash-in temp, then just boost the rest of the water for mashout. Batch sparge cuts out a lot of time and the pump means I can drain the mash tun very quickly. I think that most people using a pump and batch sparging can get their day finished inside of 4 hours. Clean up is done as I go, so at the end of the day I only have to wash the boiler.
Andrew

AndrewQLD said:
Also, good on tou tidalpete, king of the mash now mate. What is going to be your first all grainer. Hope I get to have a taste.

Andrew
[post="70463"][/post]​

Batz has not quite got it right Andrew. I still need to make up a small copper coil to pass my chilled water through after the IC has done it's job plus all the sundry hoses, etc. Small beer really. My latest excuse is that I will not inflict my first AG on the Qld Xmas Case, but will contribute a tried & true partial to the cause. :super: By the time that is done I should be ready for my first adventure into AG. :) I'm not quite sure what it will be yet, but a London Ale is on my mind.
Your setup looks the Bee's Knees mate. I'm very envious of your talents. :D Happy brewing & see you soon I hope.

Back