1l Grolsh Style Bottles At Ikea

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frag_Dog

Reaction score
I was just down in Logan getting dragged around Ikea and I noticed that they had some 1 Litre swing top bottles for I think it was $4 each. They were clear glass, not green but the swing bit didn't look too bad. Just throwing it out there if someone is looking for Grolsh-esk bottles without having to drink the sh*t.

Check out your local cheap shop (Go-Lo, The Warehouse, Reject Shop etc) for stuff like this, too. Usually only a few bucks each. Also, the 5L cookie jars they have would be good for specialty grain storage I reckon.

Cheers - boingk

Add those Asian $2 shop places if the have a glassware section and not just plastic you can find them there. I wan nice dark glass, brown, green, blue so Im not into the clears and leave them on the shelf.

It would be worth asking the local restaurants for their suppliers and see what a case of them would set you back.

not sure how much pressure these items can hold.
we have them in the fridge for cold water

not sure how much pressure these items can hold.
we have them in the fridge for cold water

Work the tops in the store first. If tight get just one, take it home and top it up with fizzy drink and shake the buggary out of it.. With the top closed! And observe and or dunk the neck under water and look for escaping bubbles.

I worry about how long the seals last. When I get into 2-8 year storage then I'd want to know my seals really well or stick to corking.

They are handy for degassing if worried about to much carbonation pressure building up in he bottle.

I didn't get any and don't really want any, just thought if someone is looking for a cheapish alternative to the capper.

I just picked up a kegging system on Saturday so I'll have my hands full with that (still a bit freaked out at having 1000psi of gas so close to my gentlemans area!)

Work the tops in the store first. If tight get just one, take it home and top it up with fizzy drink and shake the buggary out of it.. With the top closed! And observe and or dunk the neck under water and look for escaping bubbles.

I worry about how long the seals last. When I get into 2-8 year storage then I'd want to know my seals really well or stick to corking.

They are handy for degassing if worried about to much carbonation pressure building up in he bottle.

It's the lid you need to worry about, it's the amount of volume the glass bottle can hold.

If these bottles are not designed to hold pressure than I would not use them

Kabooby :)

I've got 6 for $1 each locally for bourboun shhh

Back