• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

19 Litre Cornelius Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beermeister

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have stumbled upon a supplier of corny kegs in the US, which could have me retailing them in Oz for $60.00. There is a catch however, I need to buy 500 at a time. It would be nice to pre-sell most of them, as I dont want to sit on a monster outlay for too long.Any thoughts.........

whatever the going rate is!
I have cut the below info out of another Brisbane based brew site as a guide. It seems they are sold in pairs also.

Postage Based on Approx 10kg( 2 kegs)

$8.00 Brisbane

$20.00 NSW & Melbourne

$32.00 Tas

Plus $2.35 registered post.

Keep in mind, I need to get a feel if I can pre sell them before I fork out 20 odd thousand. It will take 6-8 weeks freight from the states......

The Country Brewer in Girraween NSW is having a hard time keeping up with supply of the 19L Kegs... Give them a call 02 98961366

beermeister said:
For $60.00 each, they will be pressure tested and cleaned...
[post="68343"][/post]​

Why would you want to go to the trouble, when anyone can order kegs from USA delivered to their door for under AUD 50 per keg?? Also have you taken into account agents fees, import duties, GST etc if dealing in bulk?
Last ones I ordered worked out at $45 each for 4.

Hmm,

$60 each, plus $20 per pair postage to Vic? That's $70 each. I can buy them at my LHBS for $72 (about the only thing useful I can buy there).

Think I'll pass.

Ross said:
Why would you want to go to the trouble, when anyone can order kegs from USA delivered to their door for under AUD 50 per keg?? Also have you taken into account agents fees, import duties, GST etc if dealing in bulk?

[post="68346"][/post]​

is that price including shipping Ross? were they recos or not? I found some at a US online homebrew store but the shipping to Oz made it hardly worthwhile..would love to know the store you use if their kegs & shipping is cheap

At $92 delivered to Tassie I think I'll buy locally for $72 or buy my own from the states for much less again. Plus I have 5 19LX kegs and 2X 3 gallon so I don't need any more kegs. But if I did, then that it what I would do. Sorry, just my thoughts and position. But no purchases for me. Thanks

Beermeister, over the years i have collected more than enough kegs for me.
So i wont need any, thanks all the same.

Good to see you have the balls to even contemplate this exercise.
Do expect the good old aussie ' kick in the guts' for your enthusiasm (sp) from the less inclined, but the same ones that kick you, will probably buy your kegs.
I admire the risk taker !
good luck

cheers :beer:

homebrewworld.com said:

Do expect the good old aussie ' kick in the guts' for your enthusiasm (sp) from the less inclined, but the same ones that kick you, will probably buy your kegs.
good luck

[post="68361"][/post]​

Bit rough

Beermeister asked for feed back and that's what he recieved.
No "Kick in the guts" as far as I read the replies

Batz

Bidtfaun said:
Ross said:

[post="68346"][/post]​

is that price including shipping Ross? were they recos or not? I found some at a US online homebrew store but the shipping to Oz made it hardly worthwhile..would love to know the store you use if their kegs & shipping is cheap
[post="68355"][/post]​

Yep, price delivered to your door - not sure what current price is but a simple search on "5 gal keg" on ebay should put you straight to them (C&C). Ordering 4 is the most economical way to go, but expect to wait from 2 to 3 months for the cheap delivery option - they are kegs that have been pulled directly from service, but come complete with a full spare set of seals & o rings....

Batz said:
homebrewworld.com said:

good luck

[post="68361"][/post]​

Bit rough

Beermeister asked for feed back and that's what he recieved.
No "Kick in the guts" as far as I read the replies

Batz
[post="68363"][/post]​

yep, have to agree - asked for any thoughts & recieved them, certainly no malice on my part - always up for a bargain.... :beer:

On thing i've noticed at my HBS is that all the kegs they have now are really shite. They have no relief valves, and the quality is really poor. Apparently they come from ESB, and that is all they can get these days - if these kegs are decent, maybe Mel from ESB might be interested.

On the keg front - my local hbs has just signed a deal as Australian distributor for brand new kegs which they personally designed for manufature in China - i can't give you too much more info at present, other than it's fairly imminent...

will update with photos / price etc when i hear more....

Back