19/10 Petrol Generator Needed Urgently

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickB

I haven't had a C**t all night, Drinkstable....
Reaction score
Hi all,

Due to a stuff up with Origin and TruEnergy, my power has been disconnected and can't be put back on until tomorrow arvo. Does anyone in Brissy have a smallish petrol generator I could borrow for a day to keep my food fridge running? Happy to pay in cash or beer...

Please pm me if you can help. I'm in Murarrie but can drive within a reasonable distance.

Thanks...

Nick

Hi all,

Due to a stuff up with Origin and TruEnergy, my power has been disconnected and can't be put back on until tomorrow arvo. Does anyone in Brissy have a smallish petrol generator I could borrow for a day to keep my food fridge running? Happy to pay in cash or beer...

Please pm me if you can help. I'm in Murarrie but can drive within a reasonable distance.

Thanks...

Nick

I haven't got one Nick but can't you use an extention and beg some power off the neighbours?

That's the next option....

That's the next option....

Sorry to hear of your troubles Nick. :(
Really wish I could help but as I can't this would probably be a useless post but for the fact that it's getting me closer to Bribie's record post count. :lol: :ph34r:
Things will pick up mate. Perry's idea is a good one. :beer:

TP

Sorry cant help from here too, I've got a genset but 8hr round trip may stop things

Hi all,

Thanks...

Nick

Nick I am not far away. Message me and I could maybe arrange something.

Thanks for the replies guys. Neighbours were accommodating enough to let me sling an extension cord over the fence for the night.

Cheers

Great work Nick, now you'll be able to keep all that ahem, food cool! ;)
Nah seriously, it would be a monster embuggerance without any power over the weekend, glad you're sorted for the time being. :icon_cheers:

Thanks for the replies guys. Neighbours were accommodating enough to let me sling an extension cord over the fence for the night.

Cheers

Once the fridge is cool, don't forget to plug the extension into the aircon :D

Disconnection is unusual, just go and throw the main sw on in the switchbox

Screwy

Disconnection is unusual, just go and throw the main sw on in the switchbox

Screwy

stock-illustration-10225498-cartoon-man-gets-an-electric-shock.jpg

Wish I could Screwy, the bastards pulled the pole fuse and left it in the box! Last buggers that lived here must have REALLY racked up a bill before they left. Shitty thing is that my provider (TruEnergy) connected us in April, has been billing us, but Origin (the last lots provider) are the ones who got Energex to disconnect.

And to top it all off, I've gotta bugger off from work at 12 tomorrow to be home for the Energex Safety Inspection...

To say I'm not happy is a definite understatement! And I've got no air-con! So crappy Wed night TV it is :(

Cheers

Edit: I'm an Apprentice Sparky Mike! As if I didn't check that!!!! Will be running my new temporary circuit for the new brew rig while the power is definitely off though ;)

Back charge them them for losses of produce.

I think the extension lead over the fence was a better option - you need a fairly decent genset to run a fridge and not cause damage.

Wish I could Screwy, the bastards pulled the pole fuse and left it in the box! Last buggers that lived here must have REALLY racked up a bill before they left.

go take some photos of the power meter and the water/gas meter numbers tomorrow...... preferably with camera that dates the pic and a picture of todays / tomorrows paper in the shot...

i had a drama where a past tennant did not pay for any water or gas in a house i moved into

when the gas mob wanted +$600 for gas usage (and the rental agent whinged about some crap) and i said F$%^ off they thought they had me, out came the pics of the whole house on move in day and the ones of both the gas/ water / power meters.... lol

i even give the rental agent a disc copy of the pics of move in day (i call it a "non exhaustive list of problems" written on the forms ) so they have a copy up front of the meters and they then have a dated copy of the pics....

# i am also a landlord and would be happy to except photographic "evidence" from my tenants of any issues

Thanks Maheel,

If I had just moved in I could understand the confusion by the power co, but it've been billed since April... Called the real estate yesterday and they're gonna chase the landlord for some compensation seeing as it was their fault in the first place. Will also be making complaints to the two power co's, and the ombudsman. Not happy at all.

And I'm a landlord myself as well, and we have recently gone out of our way and spent good money to keep a really good tenant happy...

Anyway, cheers all!

Latest posts

Back