$15 Lcpa Stubbies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably just a poor, hard done by small business owner trying to pay his demanding goat herders the high wages they are demanding.

Ring the joint and ask them what they charge for a stubbie.

It has to be a typo. Surely......

Ring the joint and ask them what they charge for a stubbie.

It has to be a typo. Surely......

Unfortunately it's probably not...most venues in the Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach area are up around that price.

Fk you Paul - I thought you had a link for a $15 6 pack I may have picked one up for tonight ;)

$15 a stubbie - OMFG

That's one hell of a margin...

Christ, they don't even charge that down on the snowfields.

That's probably the worst i have seen.

Little wine bar (with some good craft brews too) let us bring in takeaway from anywhere we wanted. Beer was very decently priced too, I think we paid $15 for a 750ml bottle of saison and ~4-5 bux amber ale or IPA or whatever stubbies. All this in 'sleepy' Geelong. Lyon st, $40 for the most expensive wine on the menu, some imported Italian dry white that had funny golden string wrapped around it. I think the last time I was in a restaurant here they wanted to charge 30 odd for some pretty ok wine.

I don't get places up here. They reckon it's absolutely ok to gouge whatever the fvck they like.

If people didn't pay these prices they wouldn't be in business and we'd not see these prices.

Walk into a place with $15 stubbies ... walk straight back out.

Simple really - also, you don't have to hang out with ostentatious people who are willing to pay that much, which is a secondary bonus.

Jesus leave the restaurant alone....pick on the right person,

Paul H, what sort of dickhead goes to a 'restaurant' for a few drinks.

Restaurant=food=way overpriced drinks.
Bar/Hotel=liquid refreshments=elevated prices but cheaper than Restaurant.

I hope you weren't paying.

Latest posts

Back