12v pump for robobrew (1st gen)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H0U5ECAT

Reaction score
Would a 12v pump be sufficient to run a sparge for the robobrew?
The LBP would be overkill yeah?

Would a 12v pump be sufficient to run a sparge for the robobrew?
The LBP would be overkill yeah?
I tried a 12v pump with my robo (was using it for recirc), but it seized up pretty quick and I tossed it. I now just use a spare 25w magnetic drive pump with a ball valve to throttle.

I have two other mag drive pumps plumbed into the brew rig, having this one as a robobrew recirc and/or spare general purpose (case swap) pump is actually just really fricking handy.

View attachment 117485

Last edited:
I tried a 12v pump with my robo (was using it for recirc), but it seized up pretty quick and I tossed it. I now just use a spare 25w magnetic drive pump with a ball valve to throttle.

I have two other mag drive pumps plumbed into the brew rig, having this one as a robobrew recirc and/or spare general purpose (case swap) pump is actually just really fricking handy.

View attachment 117485
Link didn't work.

Link didn't work.
Yeah, noticed that about Tapatalk sometimes when editing a post to add a pic...

Anyway, it was just a "pic for attention" pic. We all know they look like this, right?

IMG_20200208_160210.jpg

cheers,

I'm sure that in the gen 3 version or any other commercial BIAB setup that such a pump as that one isn't in there.
Surely they are running a smaller pump for recirc?

A small 12v pumps around 5 litres a min. sounds bang on to what I need.

Mofox, did you skimp out on Ebay and buy a cheap one? I have heard that some are more accustomed to low amounts of water such as in a caravan, but there are others out there that go in pound for pound

Didn't cheap out (too much), got one of these kits:
#Aliexpress AU $25.15 27%OFF | Solar Water Pump 12V DC Hot Water Pump 3M Circulation Pompe Brushless Motor high pressure pump Food Grade pump G25 DropShip
https://a.aliexpress.com/_rywI9u

Worked once or twice, seized up, got it working, then it seized up and I busted it trying to take it apart to clean it.

Since you can get a full 25w pump for around 50 now, there's not much point going smaller.

Thanks.

WE&L, similar pumps in Australia are abut $80. (Cheeky Peak/Kegland).
$100ish if you upgrade to the stainless head.

A bit more than Aliexpress, but atlaset I'm only waiting a few days and it wont make it to me broken as per some of the comments on Ali.

So really, the 12v option is always going to be plastic rubbish? Sounds like a good idea to stay with the 240v option.

Back