12 weird beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I saw a reference to a medieval beer - garlic, rue, and sage. Apparently it had medicinal benefits.

I now have a strange inclination to make the marijuana infused IPA that site links to.......

Bomber Watson said:
I now have a strange inclination to make the marijuana infused IPA that site links to.......
I'm a bit suss on the method the recipe uses here (throwing it in the boil) I've considered doing a cannabis brew for the novelty...
But in order to get the desired effect I'd lean towards adding a tincture (e.g high dose of bud soaking in bacardi 151, periodically shaken for a week or two) to the fermenter, post-ferment.
Anyone with experience in this field?

rbtmc said:
I'm a bit suss on the method the recipe uses here (throwing it in the boil) I've considered doing a cannabis brew for the novelty...
But in order to get the desired effect I'd lean towards adding a tincture (e.g high dose of bud soaking in bacardi 151, periodically shaken for a week or two) to the fermenter, post-ferment.
I do but I can't remember for some reason.

rbtmc said:
I have used isopropyl (from Bunnings) to extract the oil from the buds it only takes minutes not days to do this or you could use any high alcohol spirit then let it evaporate to be left with the oil (concentrated THC)or use the lot, I think its suss, as I can't see the oil getting extracted from the boil. In my opinion it is a load of tosh. I would just try what you suggested yourself, and put it into a secondary fermentation vessel.

Latest posts

Back