$11 Sodastream Cylinders

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jye

Hop Junky
Reaction score
I have just been down to woolies and they now sell the cylinders for $11 the same price they exchange them for instead of the old $34.

Jye said:
I have just been down to woolies and they now sell the cylinders for $11 the same price they exchange them for instead of the old $34.
[post="80681"][/post]​

Jye, great news if that's fact, but previously, guys who have had this fortune, turned out to have got someone who wasn't quite sure what they were doing...
Can you confirm it's Wollies official policy now?

When I asked at the front counter they went and got someone from the back who double checked that they are no longer $34. He explained that it was "a pita to sell them at $34 and refill at $11, so we now sell them at $11 and you get $2 back if you return them", something along those lines. So it sounds like it is policy :beerbang:

I tried last week to pickup a 'spare' from kmart & the nice assistant said no. she explained that someone earlier in the week had asked & she obliged but was later reprimanded by the manager. she then suggested that kmart is always employing new staff and that it doesnt hurt to ask :D

i wonder if its a woolies policy or a sodastream ... ?

redbeard & Ross

After your comments and looking at the sodastream site $11 sounds pretty good, so I went back to woolies and got another one... different people and still $11 :D

So I think it could be well worth checking out the local woolies.

hey Jye, which Woolies was it?

- Snow

Snow

KURABY
Cnr Logan Rd & Beenleigh Rd
Underwood

Did I mention that about three weeks ago I took two steel cylinders to Woolworths and simply EXCHANGED THEM for two new alloy ones...that's correct, I wasn't charged a thing!

I even bought some smokes because I wasn't sure what she was saying to me regarding the "exchange"...yep, I paid only for the cigs :ph34r:

PZ.

Damn
I want a couple of those !!

Batz

I won't be using that Woolies again...she'd be quite pissed since they probably took it out of her pay! :blink:

PZ.

Having just purchased a kegging setup I will be trying my luck with the Kmart bottle scam.
My tactic will be to look for the spottiest, youngest, geeky looking kid and hope for the best. :blink:
:rolleyes:

So you have to buy these from the front desk?

Batz

Fingerlickin_B said:
Did I mention that about three weeks ago I took two steel cylinders to Woolworths and simply EXCHANGED THEM for two new alloy ones...that's correct, I wasn't charged a thing!

I even bought some smokes because I wasn't sure what she was saying to me regarding the "exchange"...yep, I paid only for the cigs :ph34r:

PZ.
[post="85858"][/post]​

It is official policy that Woolies replaces the old steel ones for new Aliminium ones - Sodastream advised me that - so i took 5 old ones & exchanged the lot no prob lem. Sodastrem themselves & k mart however, will not exchange the old ones

Fingerlickin,
Did you go to woolies at Belco? I use woolies at Tuggers as I live southside, I have exchanged an old steel cylinder there that I got at revolve( inside an old Soda Stream Machine, paid 2 bucks for the lot) and also just walked up to the desk and asked for another one, only paid $11.00 each time. I am going to give it another go on the weekend. If they won't do it, no stress as there are a Sh***load of woolies out this way I can try, not to mention Big W @ Woden.

Cheers
BradT

Ross said:
It is official policy that Woolies replaces the old steel ones for new Aliminium ones - Sodastream advised me that - so i took 5 old ones & exchanged the lot no prob lem. Sodastrem themselves & k mart however, will not exchange the old ones
[post="85911"][/post]​

Jeez Ross

I am desparately trawling op shops trying to get steel bottles to replace my aluminium ones as they are much easier to fill yourself. And you got rid of 5 of them!

BRAD T said:
Fingerlickin,
Did you go to woolies at Belco? I use woolies at Tuggers as I live southside, I have exchanged an old steel cylinder there that I got at revolve( inside an old Soda Stream Machine, paid 2 bucks for the lot) and also just walked up to the desk and asked for another one, only paid $11.00 each time. I am going to give it another go on the weekend. If they won't do it, no stress as there are a Sh***load of woolies out this way I can try, not to mention Big W @ Woden.

Cheers
BradT
[post="85917"][/post]​

Yep, Woolies in Belco :D

PZ.

I exchanged two old steel ones for alloy ones recently at KMart at Castle Hill when they had their last 20% off everything sale.
Must be a case of who you get.

Beers,
Doc

well i rang every woolies and kmart in Townsville, all of them still have it for 39 bucks a pop. even though the sodastream site says otherwise.

oh well

Guest Lurker said:
Ross said:
[post="85911"][/post]​

Jeez Ross

I am desparately trawling op shops trying to get steel bottles to replace my aluminium ones as they are much easier to fill yourself. And you got rid of 5 of them!
[post="85919"][/post]​

Bugger - Would have been a good reason for a trip to Perth & a beer in that wonderful new bar of yours :chug: ...

Guest Lurker said:
Ross said:
[post="85911"][/post]​

Jeez Ross

[post="85919"][/post]​
GL

I might be able to bring some back at xmas if they will let me take empty ones on the plane???

Hoops

Back