100 litre 3v electric brewery build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're going stainless sheet over it anyway, the domestic regs for splashbacks around stove tops is just some FC sheet with stainless sheet over. If you did that, you'd be absolutely pissing it in. FC sheet costs nothing, just liquid nail it to your plywood and then cover with stainless as you were going to. I think the FC sheet needed to be 6mm or something like that.
I will do that. Just wanted the stand like it is to set everything up and do the plumbing etc
I was also just going to do the wet run in the timber.

20180110_160424.jpg

Almost getting excited. Just did a bit of plumbing with what I had to see what I needed to order.

I'm loving the sight glass. I've decided to remove the float switches for now.
One was faulty and so im just going to put the thermistors in where they were for now.

???? Dont need it.

100lt system with, at a guess 12% boil off for 90mins is 12lts of moisture that you relying on a breeze to remove.

I think youre underestimating the importance of removing the moisture. But lets not get bogged down on it when you are so close to brew day.

???? Dont need it.

100lt system with, at a guess 12% boil off for 90mins is 12lts of moisture that you relying on a breeze to remove.

I think youre underestimating the importance of removing the moisture. But lets not get bogged down on it when you are so close to brew day.
Yeah i thought it would be an issue as well.
I've done about 5 x 80 litre brews and 2 or 3 100 litre brews with my old system.
I even had 120 litres going for 1.5 hours and no issue at all.
Pretty close to the beach and it just flows away.

Got a hold of these. 15mm compression to 1/2" bsp.

I'll be getting the stainless counterflow chiller from cheeky peak and the wort in and out is a 15mm tube.

20180115_181936.jpg

20180116_164856.jpg
20180116_165831.jpg
20180116_170749.jpg

Fitted GPO's for the pumps.
All up and running.
Just sorting the dodgey mess on the wall circuit breaker.
It was just a temp to get the panel going.

Back to work on the 27th. Can I get a brew down before then?
I'll smash a bit tonight but I'm kinda thinking as I'm going so it takes me longer.
Just couldn't be fucked planning shit lol.

Keep going mate, I have similar brew length aspirations (not all electric sadly) really enjoyed your work so far. If you work hard a Pressure ferment is well drinkable @ day6:party:

Right. Now just main power. Finish programming the bcs step mash and do a wet run with water. Oh and make some hoses.

Latest posts

Back