100 litre 3v electric brewery build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as she brewes good beer and I can repeat it ill be very happy.
I got the holesaw man.
Thanks so much. I'll let you know how I go and document how I do it.
Drilling a hole sounds trivial but in a stainless pot there is a little more to think about.
I mean I can't clamp it how I would like and I would prefer to use a drill press. I'll just use my Makita 18volt steadied by legs I would say lol.
Pretty dodgey for me being a fitter but ive been a marine engineer for 14 years now and ive become a bit of a "get it done however you can" type of bloke.

See how we go. I got the kids until tomorrow so ill probably get into drilling Monday.

The Helles I brewed a while back has come very good.

20170916_150722.jpg

I finally got the xlrs to completely finish the control panel.
I'm at work for another 4 weeks so when I get back I'm planning on finishing the 3 vessels off.
Then i just have to install the sub board for the power to the controller and get a table and I'll be ready to brew.

Control panel is done. Just needs a tidy up and dry run.
Need to setup the BCS for a first run.
Marked and drilled all the holes for HLT and boil kettle.
Got the elements and float switches in.
Waiting on some fittings to arrive for the plumbing.
Next just need to find stainless box to make the frame.

Anyone on the sunny coast with a TIG welder ill be happy to rent for a week so I can weld the frame up?

Mash tun and temp probes done today.
Also fitted half the 63 amp circuit breaker to the wall for the mains power to the control panel.

It's alive!

Tested all the contractors, emergency stop and relay board.
Tplink is all up and running and bcs has power with both 7 segment displays reading "no data".
So I'm trying to set the brewery up as a client through my home Wi-Fi with no luck.
Keep trying is all I can do for now.

20171221_142541.jpg

It's just for looks really. They are only 5 volt probes and not going to be getting wet anyway. The probe end is fully sealed and the xlr' s in the control box are up out the way.

Man those 114 litre kettles look stumpy with the junction boxes on them.
I need a bit of guidance with my modem seeing the BCS.
I have set the BCS as a client on my belong modem and I'm using the BCS finder tool on embedded control concepts.
Still no luck. I'm going to swap to my telstra nbn modem and see if I can sort it.
Pretty much just need to make a frame, sort the BCS issue and do a bit of plumbing and wet test and ill be good to brew.
I'm off to work for 5 weeks soon so it won't happen before then but it would be nice to get that bcs running so I could work the program at sea.

One more box of goodies and a bit of cutting and welding, should be looking like a brewery.

Looking fantastic! Out of interest what is the fitting you've used for mounting your probe in the 1/2" fitting, and where did you get it?

Back