100 l octaves [oak wine barrels] Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seamad

beer dog
Reaction score
Seems to be a fair bit of interest lately in brewing sour / lambic style beers lately so have been looking for smaller barrels to suit a individual homebrewer. These barrels are ex-yalumba and are 7 years old. Barrel cost is $80 and freight to Brisbane is $160 / pallet {3/pallet}.
Hopefully there are some brewers out there interested, interstate brewers have purchased these barrels before and they seem to be of a good quality.
Cost landed $133.33 / barrel. If we get numbers will be in sets of 3 { 1 pallet}

1. Seamad

I'll be interested in 3 to Sydney...
(If theres no other interest im sure we can somehow get 1 to bris and 2 to syd? Last time we did something similiar.)
:D

If there is no interest up this way might check out that option. I'll pm you the contact details for the barrels, they have @ 30 at present so plenty to go @. Hopefully some qlders will get interested.

1. Seamad
2. Winkle

Sounds good - until I get home. ;)

Lucky they are only little kegs.
Lucky my partner likes sour beers so she's pretty keen on it.
Besides she's given up on what I get for hobbies, parcel turns up " what's this box for; beer , boat or coffee ?"
Hopefully get another person.

adryargument said:
I'll be interested in 3 to Sydney...
(If theres no other interest im sure we can somehow get 1 to bris and 2 to syd? Last time we did something similiar.)
:D
happy to forward on the details of the guy we used last time if you want mate.

winkle said:
1. Seamad
2. Winkle
3. Rowy
God she'll say where are you going to put that...........actually she won't because that got us into trouble about 28yrs ago :p

Cheers,
Just shot them an email.
If goldenchild changes his mind i might have one in syd for someone :)

1. adryargument
2. adryargument
3. goldenchild

Time to start welding a triple tier barrel stand.

Everyone note that the above barrels are American Oak, not the same as French Oak a few of us received last year.

I have one i received early last year from barls. (Yalumba 100L - French Oak)
gallery_19421_919_91832.jpg

Shot an email off first thing this morning to get an invoice and some other details but haven't heard back. Hopefully be sorted Monday and then organize money, if anyone else is interested put your name down and if we get another 3 then they will go through too.

adryargument said:
Everyone note that the above barrels are American Oak, not the same as French Oak a few of us received last year.

I have one i received early last year from barls. (Yalumba 100L - French Oak)
gallery_19421_919_91832.jpg
Sexy little thang.

I haven't forgotten about the barrels, it's vintage down Yalumba way so they're a tad busy at present. Will keep onto them.
The barrels look pretty good, can't wait to get it filled up with a Flanders red

seamad said:
I haven't forgotten about the barrels, it's vintage down Yalumba way so they're a tad busy at present. Will keep onto them.
The barrels look pretty good, can't wait to get it filled up with a Flanders red
This is my cunning plan as well :beer: .

Let me know when you hear back Seamad.
Us sydney guys have placed an order and still waiting feedback as they are busy with current harvest.

Yep, 7 pallets ordered through another site i have an interest in and still all waiting to hear back about shipping. It's vintage down there apparently though, so you can certainly imagine they are busy.

We are ready to roll.
Price has gone up to $90 a barrel as they have been cleaned and sanitized ready to fill.
Transport $ 172, so $147 each. Have sent pm 's.
Cheers
Sean

We're all ready to go too, looks like he did everyone at the same time.

Just found this thread. Im in melbourne and would like to get a barrel. It looks like the buyers for this thread are all syd/bris. Is there someone at Yalumba I can contact to see if there is still availability and arrange a barrel to melbourne or organise group purchase?

lachw said:
Just found this thread. Im in melbourne and would like to get a barrel. It looks like the buyers for this thread are all syd/bris. Is there someone at Yalumba I can contact to see if there is still availability and arrange a barrel to melbourne or organise group purchase?

One of our members on another site has 5 pallets going to Melb. I can message him and see if he has a spare barrel if you like?

Back