100 Can Cooler Bag.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paleman

Reaction score
Gday All.

Summer's upon us almost, and i have some serious brewing to do yet.

I've heard mention so many times of the cooler bag that you can purchase, that a fermenter will fit into.

I've used the bin and ice method to good effect, but i want something more portable and practicle.

Anyone got a photo, or can someone take one for me ?........just so i know what i am looking for.

Any thoughts on how well they work ?.....I dont like my Ales going over 18C.

Thanks all. :beerbang:

100 can cooler bags are a soft, cylindrical, zip up cooler bag that fits around 100 cans, hence the name.

I've looked for one in KMart and I can't seem to find them. Not sure how hard I looked though :)

Here is my original post suggesting the 100 can cooler bags with piccies. I originally thought of them for a party set up but moved to using them as a fermenter cooler. Currently have a Brewboard Community Summer Ale in mine at the moment.

Hi Paleman

Have had my two 100 can cooler bags for 4 years, which I used to brew in, at the moment i have APA and Pale ale fermenting in them. Ths temp was in the 30,s today in Melbourne I put 2 frozen 1.25 lt plastic bottles in there with my fermentor, before work. When i got home tonight they were both at 16c in my guarge. (which is under the house) They work a lot better if your wrape them up with a large beach towel. They only hold the bucket style fermentors and you can use a blow off hose, so the cooler lid can be closed up. Just a little experimenting with a few 1.25lt bottle, to get the temp right is all you need to do They are great if you don,t have the space for a fridge. I got my at Big W , not all stores stocked them had to hunt around at different Big W.

Cheers Ian. :beer:

Thanks for the replys fellas, now i know what i am looking for. :beer:

Dont have a BigW in my town, but theres one 70 kays down the road, good excuse for a homebrew shopping trip ! :D

If i can keep my ales at a 16-17 degrees, im a happy camper.......i mean brewer. :blink:

I have been looking for one of these for quite a while.

I was looking at the manufacturers web site (cant remember what that was) and they dont mention it as being a product any more.

So if you manage to find one can you please let me know?

Anyone in Melb know which stores i can get these? Big W / Kmart? Which Suburb?

Fents,

I'll have a look at the Big W store in the CBD tomorrow for you, as i'm keen to get a hold of one also

rook

Kmart at Chadstone had them last week (down with the other eskies, turn left as you enter and keep going till you hit the wall) and Big W at Southland had them about 2 months ago.

Stu

Picked one up today at K-mart Campbelltown they've got 3 left

Adam here are my two

folded up:

View attachment 10177

and in action:

View attachment 10178

View attachment 10179

....and yes you can fit a normal 25 litre fermenter in them

Cheers n hope this helps
Steve

Cheers for that Stevo.

They look the goods. I like the fact that they can be folded away.......and they even double as a can cooler !!! :D

I'm out of town on the weekend, so i'll be hunting. I'll let everyone know how i go. :beerbang:

I just picked one up at Kmart at Maitland for $19.99.

They had 15 to 20 left in stock.

Can now ferment my first AG Pale Ale with Wyeast 1099 at a cool 18 degrees.

Wooo Hooo - no more summer brewing worries!!!!!!!!

Back