100 brews under my belt I should join

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danscraftbeer

Reaction score
Hi there. Danny's the name. Started with can brews and slight alterations. Set up a 3 Keg Kegerater. Then DME brews with Hop Pellets. I now allgrain brew because its so awesome to have total control of design.
I like the science/technique of it all. Jumped into the allgrain brewing with the software Beersmith.
I have learnt from this forum and many other sources enthusiastically.
Love gardening, Aquaponics, fishing, cooking and eating good food and the best Beer I could ever get on tap hehe.
Grew Cascade Hops for the first time this year and got 1.4kg fresh. Made my first Harvest Ale! (fermenting)
Also wet hopped a keg of Pilsner Ale with 200g fresh picked Hops. Drinking it now. Its incredible!
Totally new experience of upfront Aroma and flavor this fresh.

anyway, Good Forum! and Happy Easter break. :chug:

Welcome mate , I'd say you have a lot of info you can share to help us all out around here . I'd say a building myself a kegerator is in my near future , id love to see how you've gone about yours for some inspiration

Welcome aboard, mate. That's a good haul from your first year harvest!

Danscraftbeer said:
Grew Cascade Hops for the first time this year and got 1.4kg fresh. Made my first Harvest Ale! (fermenting)

Also wet hopped a keg of Pilsner Ale with 200g fresh picked Hops. Drinking it now. Its incredible!
Good work there!!

How big is your keg? just a regular Corny? 200g wet hop, now there is a man after my own heart :ph34r: .. wish I had a glass of that right now, would make today look a whole lot brighter :lol:

G'day Danny. I have a few Danny's in my family too.

You will have to get used to people questioning your intentions here, sooner or later, so let me be an early starter and ask if your Pilsener Ale is a pilsener or an ale (cold or warm ferment).

Well done on the first year harvest Danny, I was stoked with my second year Cascade and I only got 530g wet. Harvest Ale still to be brewed but it won't be done with wet hops this year.

I'm also into Aquaponics and have recently setup a fairly large system at my place with a few mates. Got 40 Jade Perch and roughly 70 Murray Cod as well as some goldies, redclaws and miscellaneous creek fish using IBCs for tanks and floating raft for plants. What kind of system and fish are you running?

Latest posts

Back