• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

10 Odd Kg Joe White Munich Malt Free, Melb Pick Up Only

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
I bought some Joe White munich malt in a bulk buy a year or so ago. I don't really use JW anymore and I am not a big fan of their munich anyway. Rather than let it go to waste, I'd like to see it go to someone who wants it. It's just been in the bag, inside a plastic box for about 8-12 months.

Pick up from my place one evening after 6pm (Brunswick West).

At a rough guess there's about 10 kg but being free, I'm going with estimates rather than actually weighing it so don't feel jibbed if it's really 7 kg. Hell, you may even end up with 12.

PM, first in, first served.

Damn if I didn't already have some I'd be on this, I'll leave it for someone who needs it more though. Doubt I'll be able to get through that much anyway as I only brew AG once a month. Champ for giving it away though manticle, I'm sure who ever grabs it will bring a few beers ;) along for ya

sold to the man with a new car and as such is quite broke... er... iit might take me a week or two to pick up while I get road worthy and rego'd if thats OK?

Yob

I'll take it if it is not spoken for yet.

As mentioned in the OP - first PM wins. Therefore:

First PM from Proudscum at 1:06
Second PM from Yob at 1:08.

Grain goes to Proudscum. Sorry Yob. Much as I enjoy your beers, I need to be fair.

May be in possession of some surplus munich in a few weeks - will let you know.

sold to the man with a new car and as such is quite broke... er... iit might take me a week or two to pick up while I get road worthy and rego'd if thats OK?

Yob

You reckon this one will make the trip? :lol:

long way to West Brunswick on PT ;)

'sall good mate, I may drop off a couple in a few weeks anyway as we are headed past your way for a party out the bush..

I just picked up a can'o'goop.... Ive been relegated to kits n bits for a few weeks <_< but that doesnt bother me... great beer can be made from them :kooi:

Yob

@Proudscum: ya sniper!! well done, I should have sent the PM first, not wrote the reply, lesson learned

:icon_cheers:

@ pennywise: This-uns got aircon!! and smokes considerably less lol

Hey Manticle what are you using these days mate? and where you getting it from?

I use Weyerman munich (and weyerman and dingemans for anything European, simpsons or Thomas Fawcett for anything UK). Most of my grain comes from GG and most base malt is bought in bulk buys (I bought a 25kg bag of wey munich I in december) but I occassionally get grain from CB if they stock something that GG doesn't (like Thomas Fawcett Floow malted Golden promise for example).

Joe white pils and ale is fine and I will use it again for something like an aussie ale or lager but anything overseas based gives me a better result using malt from that region. The Joe White specs are usually OK (choc, roast etc) but I prefer Simpsons and for crystals and other bases like vienna and munich, I find JW lacking comparatively.

Nothing wrong with that... im about to put down an Aldi cider in the next hour :)

Thanks Manticle(Edit) I had a feeling it was the wey Munich you were using and i perfer it over the JW too
The reason i was asking is because i was sure GG didnt sell it which they dont on their site and the last time i went in either

If they don't have weyerman (which they usuaually do) they will have a reasonable sub like Best. Call and ask.

Latest posts

Back