10 Gallon Rubbermaid Coolers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trough Lolly

"Drink, Feck, Arse, Girls"!
Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for a couple of 10 Gallon Rubbermaid Coolers - one for a HLT and one for the Mash Lauter Tun. Now I know I can get them in the US at morebeer.com for US$198 (Code B3-200) but at 25lbs, that means I am looking at surface freight of some US$47.60 or US$245.60 which at today's rate is some $334.50 aussie dollars for two coolers :blink:

Does anybody know of an Australian Outlet that can sell me two 10 Gallon coolers (cylindrical - doesn't necessarily have to be Rubbermaid but I don't want square eskys) for less the $334.50?

Edit: And the eskys also come with ball valves, SS False Bottom and sparge arm...

Cheers,
TL

Trough Lolly, i got my 10 gallon cooler from http://www.geminex.com.au.
I know the guy who owns the business, speak to Jeff and tell him Rashy recommended him, you may get a discount. Mine is not a Rubbermaid but it is fairly well constructed and it cost me just under $100. I think he sells them for about $130 normally.
Here is a picture of it:

Mash_tun.JPG

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
Trough Lolly, i got my 10 gallon cooler from http://www.geminex.com.au.
I know the guy who owns the business, speak to Jeff and tell him Rashy recommended him, you may get a discount. Mine is not a Rubbermaid but it is fairly well constructed and it cost me just under $100. I think he sells them for about $130 normally.
Here is a picture of it:
Wax & TDA - Thank you!

I rang Crockers in Sydney and they can order the coolers in - takes 12 to 16 weeks and they come to $205 EACH! :blink:

TDA - Which showroom does Jeff belong to? The Darwin or Adelaide Office?

Thanks again for the feedback guys,
TL

Looks like geminex does have the rubbermaid 10 gallon coolers, along with the ironclad igloo coolers.

I picked up mine from a disposal store on parramatta road - think it was about $100.

cheers
reg

RegBadgery said:
...I picked up mine from a disposal store on parramatta road - think it was about $100.
cheers
reg
Reg,
Was that a recent purchase, or some time ago?
TL

After looking around, I think I am just gonna go for a rectangular style.

● I don't use a false bottom (SS braid)

● I batch sparge and the juice is that grain bed depth is not really critical.

● The round rubbermaid cost twice as much and are rare as rocking horse manure at the mo.

Not only are the round rubbermaids hard to find here in Oz, but they are slipping out of season so that will only make it harder to find them at the bigger stores like Bunnings etc... :(

I have asked for a quote from US Plastics here who do ship them - the fun part is what the freight will be for shipping these bad boys to Oz. Mind you - at $80.75 for 2 x 10 Gal Coolers, they're pretty competitively priced compared to what you have to pay for them in country...I'll keep everyone posted on how I go.
Cheers,
TL

I ended up buying a Rubbermaid 48 litre rectangular for $62. The price on it was $89 and the shelf price was $62. When I asked the bloke at Rays outdoors about it he said he would do it for the lower price (and then cleared off the lower price).

I was worried about it being too big but most folk seem to say that with batch sparging it is not critical.

Also it has a hinged lid, the other one I was looking at, an Esky, had these annoying catches which meant you needed two hands to open it - how's a bloke supposed to drink beer at the same time sheesh have they messed up on their market research.

Update: USPlastic.com haven't got back to me yet so I've emailed their orders department. I have placed the order for the 2 x 10Gal coolers but they're not as quick as responding as I'd hoped. :(
Mind you, it gives me plenty of time to convince the missus and get the hardware for the manifold and tapware!
I hope they reply soon next week...Or I'll look elsewhere.
Cheers,
TL

Plenty up north where I live , around $115 I think

I got my 51L (14 US gal) rectangular Coleman Esky from the outdoor shop on Richmond Rd

$100, might have been some out of season discount on it

Jovial Monk

Trough Lolly

Sorry to resurrect this 2 year old post!

How did it go with US Plastics and your two Rubbermaids?
Was the shipping cost reasonable in the end?

Cheers
BK

For anyone after one of the keep cold cooler jugs, visit this website: http://www.kookaburragas.com.au/fridges_coolerjugs.htm

Get in contact with Kookaburra and they'll let you know where the nearest retail outlet to you is located. I emailed Kookaburra last Thursday, was sent a reply on the Friday (which I didn't read till Sunday). I called up the retail outlet end of trade Monday arvo. The 36lt cooler jug was ordered Tuesday morning and I picked it up Wednesday arvo (for $80). Can't get any better service than that.

Cheers :)

Beer Krout said:
Trough Lolly

Sorry to resurrect this 2 year old post!

How did it go with US Plastics and your two Rubbermaids?
Was the shipping cost reasonable in the end?

Cheers
BK
[post="125552"][/post]​

G'day BK,
They didn't come through - price was no good and the freight was nasty. It turned out in the end that my brother in Houston wandered down to the local mall and picked up a 10 Gal cooler for around US$40 and shipped it to me USPS. Way cheaper...Looks like Stoodoo has a good solution though...
Cheers,
TL
Edit: Oh, and I ended up using a large hot water coffee urn for my HLT - freebie!!

BK... i got my cooler from macca's. if you know anyone who works there, you should be able to source one for around $80.
40 Litre Igloo from memory.
Puuurdy yellow and red.

Thats the 37L for $151. They're around $80 at BCF stores.

Latest posts

Back