1.5 Lt Grolsch Bottles @ Dan Murphy's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehe amen to that brother! was thinkin tha same thing when i bought 2 of them the other day :icon_cheers: !

Just for anyone interested, Watergardens Dan Murphy's (in VIC) have had them all year round. Haven't bought any myself, but I always have a bit of a chin scratch when I walk past em'.

Although for an extra $20 you can get 12 of the 450ml bottles. $20 sounds exy just for a 1.5L bottle

I saw these at Dan Murphy's at Marion, theyre awesome. Again its a shame about the price!

This is why we need growlers in Oz. Does anyone know if they are available from anywhere?

Cheers,

Jon

I'm gonna have to ask Santa for a couple of these bad boys.
The 5 I have in circulation have done me well, but they're oh so handy...even with empty kegs at the ready.

2L PET bottles??? Cheaper, easy to find? say what?

Im sure last year after the christmas rush they went way cheaper. So keep a look out after new year.

Im sure last year after the christmas rush they went way cheaper. So keep a look out after new year.

it wasn't last year but i remember picking up a couple at $11 each after christmas one year. worth the wait if you can hold out

cheers

christmasbender

This is why we need growlers in Oz. Does anyone know if they are available from anywhere?

Cheers,

Jon

2 brothers apparently does one (or more) of their brews in a growler and Lobethal Brewery does their range in growlers as well.

Andrew

2 brothers apparently does one (or more) of their brews in a growler and Lobethal Brewery does their range in growlers as well.

Andrew
I'm also hanging out for murray's big Wednesday, which apparently will be sold in growlers soon as well...

Andrew

Goulburn have a 3 litre "stubby" as well: link

What about the 1 litre(?) glass water jugs with the swing top lids. I think they sell them at woolies for about $3.
Anyone tried them?

What about the 1 litre(?) glass water jugs with the swing top lids. I think they sell them at woolies for about $3.
Anyone tried them?

Dunno if they'd hold pressure well. You may get lucky but it'll depend on the metal mechanism.

I love the growler concept. Nothern Brewer in the US are selling little growler taps that turn your growler into something like a real ale cask. Nice. I would love to know whether these would fit Goulburn 3L 'stubbies' or other local growlers.

Back