1/2 Inch Silicon Washer/gasket

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatus

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a 1/2inch fitting i want to put through my kettle (weldless), but i cant seem to find anywhere that will sell me a silicon washer that will fit snug around the 1/2inch fitting (Craftbrewer seems to only sell 20mm ones, and if my calculations are correct 1/2 inch is 12.7mm). Can anyone suggest where i could get myself some? Or anywhere where i can buy a sheet of silicon and make my own?

Cheers
Chris

right you are.. im a moron.
haha.

thanks

If you have any excess silicon hose, cut a bit off that, slice it lenghtways to flatten it out then cut it to shape.
Otherwise Aldi often has cheap silicon baking trays.

Ive got some Silicon Bake-ware ive been using the make fittings. If your struggling hit me up and we see if your close enough to make it worth while.

I bought a few different thickness A4 sheet size form THIS MOB on ebay. They are from Germany but shipping was quite reasonable and quick, and a hell of a lot cheaper than anywhere local I could source. They have a reasonably thick (5mm) sheet which will sandwich between a curved surface and flat washer much better.

Cheers

There are two very different they are
Pipe which is Nominal Bore
Tube - which is Outside Diameter (OD)
Dont worry, taps (laundry) have BSP threads on them and taps (garden) have 1 BSP
Very loosely, pipe is OD, pipe is 1 OD, if the fitting is threaded its pipe, if its thin and designed to be welded or soldered its tube and there are a whole bunch of reasons why I like metric...
Mark

I use baby bottle teats. The smaller versions have a flat base with the teat. Just cut the teat off and you have a 1/2" thick food grade silicon washer.

Back