1/2" Bsp Parallel Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Anyone got any 1/2" BSP parallel thread laying around care to measure the OD for me with a pair of calipers.
I got a mate to drill holes in my Herms pot this arvo & used a 1/2" hex nipple as a guide for the hole size as the weldless stuff hasn't turned up yet.
Didn't think to notice the hex has a tapered thread & not so in the parallel.

Weldless bulkhead parallel thread

Cheers

Hi Guys,
Anyone got any 1/2" BSP parallel thread laying around care to measure the OD for me with a pair of calipers.
I got a mate to drill holes in my Herms pot this arvo & used a 1/2" hex nipple as a guide for the hole size as the weldless stuff hasn't turned up yet.
Didn't think to notice the hex has a tapered thread & not so in the parallel.

Weldless bulkhead parallel thread

Cheers

20.30mm Well that's what mine is anyway, it's a machined thread and rolled thread could be a little larger. You obviously realize this anyway.

20.30mm Well that's what mine is anyway, it's a machined thread and rolled thread could be a little larger. You obviously realize this anyway.

Thanks Batz,
You're a legend. Just measured the holes in the herms & the nipple is pretty tight, kinda have to screw it in the hole.
Looks as though I've had a win.
Cheers mate. :icon_cheers:

Thanks Batz,
You're a legend. Just measured the holes in the herms & the nipple is pretty tight, kinda have to screw it in the hole.
Looks as though I've had a win.
Cheers mate. :icon_cheers:

That's the way I drill mine Crusty, screw it in is good, you ok for the washers?

That's the way I drill mine Crusty, screw it in is good, you ok for the washers?

All good mate. Got 2 x weldless bulkhead setups coming from Ross.
Just got 2 x 1/2" parallel thread
2 x 5mm silicone washers
2 x lock nuts
2 x stainless washers
Everything else on my 3V is welded but the herms stockpot is pretty thin & decided to go weldless.
Installed my 2400watt element through the bottom of the pot as well.
Slowest god damn build in history. Been at it now for nearly 12 months, but almost there.

Back