“T” in Gas line

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

Laurence

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post. I did a quick search but couldn’t find what I was looking for so I’m starting a new thread.

Question:

If I am running gas line to two kegs, does the length have to be the same? For example, if there is a short length of line from the CO2 regulator, followed by a “T” in the line, do the lengths following the “T” need to be equal?

Both kegs will be kept at the same pressure.

Rocker1986

Reaction score
The length of the gas lines doesn't matter. The kegs will still be at the same pressure.

I have a manifold for my gas lines with 3 lines running off it to service the 3 kegs inside the fridge, each one of them is a different length and no problems at all. There is a spare 4th line that sits outside for purging etc.

gap

Reaction score
The line length from your keg to your tap is what matters.

MHB

Reaction score
I prefer Stainless T's to any other option I have seen, less leaks, more compact...
You can even get a Stainless X or 4 way T if you prefer, tho for layout inside the fridge (keep lines compact, makes getting kegs in and out easier) 2 T's in series can be better. Run the gas main line around the outside with short jumpers running in to the kegs.
Mark

Latest posts