#21 pnorkle

pnorkle

Partial Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Joined 29-April 06

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

Dear Costumer you Pay Pall acount have been limmited.

Please click on this link to enter you're PayPal informations so we can rectify you.

And while wee are at it as we can't write English whey the fuk do we botther trieing to spamm you, fuck knows.

Unfortunately, there's only a "like this" button, so I couldn't click "like this very much."

Edited by pnorkle, 10 April 2017 - 06:14 PM.

#22 manticle

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler

• Moderators
  • 25,220 posts
  • Joined 27-September 08

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

FYI, the offending Pastebin lists have been removed after I sent in a request. Prompt action on their part but I can't help wonder why they permit email addresses in the first place.

Anyone concerned should run their email address through https://haveibeenpwned.com/, keep an eye out for suspicious phishing emails, and change your password if you are a CraftBrewer user and haven't yet done so since they were compromised.

As far as I know they don't allow (as such) any personal info but are not proactive in screening/ removing unless asked.

#23 Bribie G

Bribie G

Lager, lager, lager-lager shouting

• Pro
  • 19,389 posts
  • Joined 09-June 08

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:19 PM

I should start a business charging $500 a hit, to copy edit and proofread spammers' emails before they get sent out.

#24 Maheel

Maheel

Beer God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
  • Joined 19-January 10

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:44 PM

i can send you plenty of email addys that badly written examples come from.... you could offer your services to them :)

lol some of them make me laugh they way the are written, so pro looking but content is crap

Edited by Maheel, 10 April 2017 - 07:44 PM.

#25 Kingy

Kingy

Beer God

• Members
  • 1,584 posts
  • Joined 21-October 06

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:00 PM

Mines in the 2nd one a couple down from drsmurto, my emails have been getting out of control lately. Then again so has my phone.

#26 Robbo2234

Robbo2234

Beer God

• Pro
  • 628 posts
  • Joined 19-January 11

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

Ahh crap Iam on there too! All those ladies saying that there hot for me and it was all a scam.....

#27 Brewno Marz

Brewno Marz

Kit Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 21-March 17

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:50 PM

I should start a business charging $500 a hit, to copy edit and proofread spammers' emails before they get sent out.

Aparantly the speling mistakes are deliberat and target the gullabull and less literate who are more likely to respond

#28 Rocker1986

Rocker1986

Beer God

• Members
  • 1,960 posts
  • Joined 28-April 12

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:13 PM

Mine's not in there either. Couldn't be bothered looking through the whole thing so I just used Ctrl+F and typed the first part of my address(es). Neither one was found on the page.

#29 Bribie G

Bribie G

• Pro
  • 19,389 posts
  • Joined 09-June 08

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

Predates the Internet.

gullible.png

#30 Admin

Admin

Spends weekends antiquing

• Admin
  • 1,159 posts
  • Joined 03-May 13

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:52 AM

We do not publish any emails from here.    But, it is always a good idea to change your passwords often and not use anything easy to break.  Usually strange mixtures of letters and numbers and punctuation makes for a good password.

I have picked some random emails and did a google search, and did not find most of them.  One of them had his web page as his member name and the search zero'd in on that web page.

And if using those sites to check your email, make sure they are not selling or distributing your email you check. 

#31 peteru

peteru

Here, taste this!

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Joined 13-October 13

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:14 AM

Usually strange mixtures of letters and numbers and punctuation makes for a good password.

Passwords are not very secure when compared to passphrases. Rather than hard to remember short passwords, people should be using easy to remember long passphrases. For example, instead of "S3creT@sS" (which many would consider a strong password), you should use something like "I like fermented, hopped, malt extract." or "brew, drink, rinse and repeat"

#32 Mr Wibble

Mr Wibble

Beer Odd

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • Joined 21-January 09

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:58 AM

Dear Costumer you Pay Pall acount have been limmited.

Please click on this link to enter you're PayPal informations so we can rectify you.

And while wee are at it as we can't write English whey the fuk do we botther trieing to spamm you, fuck knows.

The idea is that they want to pre-filter out the people who can easily spot it as a fraud-lead-in.

If you're already open to believing a Malaysian Prince really needs to use your bank account, well, they can continue on from there.  Otherwise it culls you from this list of probable victims sooner.  If language and grammatical errors raise warnings, the process is better.

Edited by Mr Wibble, 11 April 2017 - 05:59 AM.

#33 Bribie G

Bribie G

• Pro
  • 19,389 posts
  • Joined 09-June 08

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:26 AM

You mean I shouldn't have sent my banking details and passwords to Prince Okumbuweyo Zulaweyinga-Mosso and his sadly afflicted brother Brian?

And they look such nice lads from their photo.

togo.jpg

• mtb likes this

#34 Admin

Admin

Spends weekends antiquing

• Admin
  • 1,159 posts
  • Joined 03-May 13

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:47 AM

I use Keepass and all my passwords and security questions are massive strings.

It's good for security but a nightmare when I call the credit card number and they want to know my first pet's name and is the answer is *YU&ER4444HG&YHUEG&YGDher4u87fhyug.

#35 Airgead

Airgead

Ohhh... I can write anything I like here

• Members
  • 3,614 posts
  • Joined 06-April 05

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

Imagine calling that name at the back door while tapping on a tin of cat food...

Here *YU&ER4444HG&YHUEG&YGDher4u87fhyug... Come on *YU&ER4444HG&YHUEG&YGDher4u87fhyug... Where are you... Stupid cat...

Edit: Oh yeah... Keepass FTW!

Edited by Airgead, 12 April 2017 - 09:58 AM.

#36 Bribie G

Bribie G

• Pro
  • 19,389 posts
  • Joined 09-June 08

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

Oh dear my PayPal account has just been fragn8sp7snned. Whatever will I do?

paypal spam.png

#37 DJ_L3ThAL

DJ_L3ThAL

Such rapp, very bass

• Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Joined 11-May 10

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

That's so l33t h4x0r

#38 bugwan

bugwan

Monobräu Brewing

• Members
  • 753 posts
  • Joined 08-May 06

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

Hey guys,

It appears this is still an issue with the Craftbrewer website.  I recommend either closing your account or changing your details to something different from everything else you use online if you want to continue using the CB site.

I got the attached email today, with screenshots of the whole user database, including usernames and passwords in plain text.  Craftbrewer's admin was also emailed.  I think I was sent a copy because I use the words 'craftbrewer' in my signed-up email address...

Either way, this is serious, as these details can be used to impersonate you elsewhere...

Dave.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2017-04-18_110120.jpg

Edited by bugwan, 18 April 2017 - 11:34 AM.

Reply to this topic